Still have questions about Rx Savings Solutions? No problem, we’ve got answers. Check out these FAQ or schedule a time for our team to give you more information.
No, we give members the ability to search any medication to find the best prices and any lower-cost but therapeutically equivalent options covered by your health plan. However, what separates our solution from other tools is the ability to proactively notify members via email and text message about savings opportunities they already have.
Members have two easy ways to see if they can save money on their prescriptions.
- Rx Savings Solutions will contact members if there’s a way to lower their prescription drug costs. They receive these messages—email, phone, text or letter—if there’s a chance to save money on current prescriptions or ones they start taking in the future. Members can opt out of receiving these messages anytime.
- A member’s Rx Savings Solutions account will always show any savings opportunities they may have on current prescriptions. Anytime they start taking a new prescription that’s covered by their insurance plan, it will show up on their account with any options they might have to save. Plus, members can use their account to proactively search for pricing on any medication before their healthcare provider writes a prescription.
Call 1-800-268-4476 or email [email protected]. Rx Savings Solutions has a team of certified pharmacy technicians ready to help. No robots. No phone mazes. Just real pharmacy experts.
The majority of savings recommendations consist of therapeutic equivalent alternatives and dosage optimization for chronic medications, as well as simple price shopping. Rx Savings Solutions utilizes a patented algorithm that exhausts all clinical and fulfillment alternatives in search of savings. About 85% of savings generated are the result of clinical suggestions and others come from fulfillment changes.
Rx Savings Solutions offers a service that helps lower your prescription drug costs. This service doesn’t change anything about your current insurance plan, pharmacy preferences or other benefits. Our software is linked to your health insurance plan information so it can customize ways to lower your out-of-pocket prescription drug costs.
We find all the lower-cost medication options that treat your condition and are covered by your insurance. You and your doctor can decide what’s best for your health and budget. Here are just a few ways you might be able to save money:
- Generic forms of name-brand drugs
- Better prices at different pharmacies or through mail-order
- Equally effective medications that treat the same condition but cost less than your current prescription
- Your Rx Savings Solutions account will always show any savings opportunities you may have on your current prescriptions. Anytime you start taking a new prescription that’s covered by your insurance plan, it will automatically show up on your account with any options you might have to save. Plus, you can use your account to proactively search for pricing on any medication before your doctor gives you a prescription.
- We’ll contact you if there’s a way to lower your prescription drug costs. You’ll receive these messages—email, phone, text, letter—if there’s a chance to save money on current prescriptions or new ones you start taking in the future.
Yes! Your Rx Savings Solutions online account will automatically show prescription drug information for any minor-age dependents on your health plan. Adult dependents are required to activate their own Rx Savings Solutions account and can then give you access to view their information.
Since our software is linked to your health plan, everything we do is personalized for you. We know the details of your prescription drug benefits and use that information to find the lowest-cost options covered by your insurance plan. Unlike prescriptions purchased with coupons or discount cards, the money-saving options we provide will automatically count toward your individual or family insurance deductible.
Your account has a search feature to compare medication options and prices before your doctor writes a new prescription. Anytime you start taking a new prescription that’s covered by your insurance plan, it will automatically show up on your online Rx Savings Solutions account (unless you used a coupon card that takes you outside of insurance). You’ll be able to see any options you might have to save money, and you’ll receive a message if you’re paying too much. Better yet, you can access your account with a mobile device and search for the lowest-cost option at the time your doctor writes the prescription.
By using Rx Savings Solutions, members consent to our collection/use/disclosure of their personal information, but only for the purposes of providing our service. This includes claims information, such as the prescriptions you filled, how much you paid, and which pharmacy you utilized. We may automatically gather and keep track of information about a member’s visit to the member portal and their activity. Unlike many websites, we track this only for activity within our own site, never other web browsing.
We may use and disclose health information with service providers for data analytics purposes, but it is always “deidentified,” i.e. not attached to your identity and contains no protected health information.