Effective Date: May 1, 2023
Last Updated: April 1, 2022
At Rx Savings, LLC d/b/a Rx Savings Solutions (“Rx Savings”, “RxSS”, “our”, “us”, or “we”), we value the trust that patients, employees, health plans or payers, governmental entities or agencies, pharmaceutical or drug manufacturers and other consumers/customers place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal information we collect in connection with your use of Rx Savings Solutions or in the ordinary course of business. It also informs how Rx Savings Solutions will use, share and protect personal information about you. By using Rx Savings Solutions or providing personal information, you accept the privacy practices in this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using Rx Savings Solutions or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to Rx Savings Solutions’ sites (i.e. https://rxss.com; https://portal.rxsavingssolutions.com; https://client.rxsavingssolutions.com). This Privacy Notice does not apply to:
- Rx Savings Solutions affiliates and subsidiaries that may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice.
- Rx Savings Solutions business partners, ad networks and other third parties that may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices.
We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites and applications that you visit and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
In connection with your use of Rx Savings Solutions, we may collect personal information about you. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- First name, middle name, last name
- Age, date of birth, gender, marital status
- Personal home address, personal telephone number (home, cell, fax, etc.), electronic mail address, business electronic mail address, business telephone number (office, cell, fax, etc.)
- Claims data, Rx/prescription number, drugs, therapies, medical products, or equipment used, dates (admission date, discharge date, date of death, treatment date, etc.), mental health information, health insurance identification or account number, diagnosis code/description
- Professional and employment information
- User ID and password, answers to password reset questions, children’s information, social security/social Insurance number, trade union membership, details of financial transactions (e.g., account balance, payment history, overdraft history, purchase history), Medicare or Medicaid number, signature (electronic or digitized image)
- Insurance claim history, products/services used by an individual, other sensitive personal information, certain drug-utilization/claims history could reveal sensitive diagnoses and health care services received by the individual.
- IP address, user’s browser type, user’s operating system, device/user activity (such as login-logout info, sites/pages visited, number of visits, click stream, navigation, beacon signal hits, errors, crash rate, or other user activities), marketing preference such as text message or email notification and frequency, geo-location/GPS information
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet
- From third party entities, such as health plans, pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), governmental entities/agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, Medispan, NCPDP, and Gold Standard
- Information you provide directly to us:
- When you use the Rx Savings Solutions website, app, or client portal;
- When you use offline features related to Rx Savings Solutions, such as communicating with us by phone, e-mail, or in person; or
- When you interact with us in the ordinary course of business.
Personal information may be aggregated with other information that may not be considered personal information. If we combine your non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Geo-location Services
- When you allow us to track your location, we may collect information about your location and use it to match your location for appropriate Rx Savings Solutions. We use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our subsidiaries, business partners, marketing partners, affiliates, or other service providers may also use technologies such as local shared objects (flash cookies), web beacons, tags and scripts.
- We also use local storage (example: HTML5) to collect and store content information and preferences. Our third-party partners who provide certain features or display advertising on our site may do the same. Your browser may offer tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
These tracking technologies are used:
- To analyze trends
- To gather demographic information about users
- To perform diagnostic services in order to improve the site or service
- To collect user choices about our use of personal information
- To perform data analysis and audits
- To remember user’s settings
- To track user’s movement through our platforms
- To optimize your experience and connect you with available pharmacies based on your location
We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual and aggregated basis. If the tracking information we collect is considered individually identifiable information, the data is treated as Protected Health Information (”PHI”) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (”HIPAA”). Use and disclosure of such data will comply with HIPAA’s Privacy and Security rule.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ”Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want your online activity tracked over time and across websites. You may adjust these preferences at any time by adjusting your cookie settings and/or individual browser’s settings.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- To register you and respond to your requests
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- Data migration and/or installation services
- Error detection and debugging
- Research activities
- Marketing initiatives
- Communications via email, fax, mail, newsletters, mobile badge notifications, or text message
- Managed services, network, or hosting services
- Reporting or data analytics services, such as your search queries
- Personalized user service or customized site-content based user preferences
- Fraud detection or monitoring services
- Performance testing services and optimization services
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties, but we may sell data that has been de-identified.
Rx Savings Solutions may also need to share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Rx Savings Solutions if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, Rx Savings Solutions , or the public as required or permitted by law; or
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
You can limit the personal information you disclose to us by choosing not to provide it to us or by failing to provide information through any offline features or in the ordinary course of business.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below.
Access to Personal Information
You may review and change your personal information by logging into your Service account profile and updating it. You may also modify your personal prescription medication profile at any time by logging into your account.
We are ready to assist you in checking or changing your personal profile. You may reach us by the “Contact Us” page of www.rxss.com or by emailing [email protected].
We will retain your personal information while your account is active, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. Your information will never be kept longer than six years.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (”HIPAA”)
As a provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, Rx Savings Solutions has implemented programs to address the HIPAA privacy and security requirements.
Rx Savings Solutions is not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Users under the age of 13 should not submit any personal information or use Rx Savings Solutions.
How We Protect Your Information
We protect the information we collect with appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards. We only allow our employees, contractors, and agents to access personal information if they need access to perform services. They are also subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information is transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Even though we have security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security. If you have any questions about security or believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure (for example, you feel that your account with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us by contacting Rx Savings Solutions at [email protected].
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Updates may describe new features, products or services. Updates may also describe changes in how we use your personal information or to your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may make changes, we recommend that you read the current version of this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: [email protected] or write to us at:
Rx Savings, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, Rx Savings)
5440 W. 110th Street, Suite 200
Overland Park, KS 66211